You only have 3 years from the date of an injury to commence a legal suit so call Toscani Law Firm now to discuss your options! If a lawsuit is not brought within the set time limit, the victim and their family will lose the right to sue. If you or a loved one has been injured or if any additional information is needed regarding any of these matters, the attorneys at Toscani Law Firm are available to assist you. Our experienced staff can provide a quick, efficient review of your injuries, as well as a review of medical negligence claims. We are well aware that individual clients have different needs. We promise to work diligently to maximize the value of your claim for your personal injury or medical malpractice case. We always work to provide our clients the solution that is best suited for their individual situation. Toscani Law Firm always has your well-being in mind. So when you need a Long Island personal injury attorney, make sure to call us! The attorneys at Toscani Law Firm have experience at the trial and appellate levels in both the state and federal courts, so their familiarity with the law and local legal authorities will improve your chances at receiving the compensation you rightfully deserve.
ABSOLUTELY NO FEE UNLESS WE RECOVER MONEY FOR YOU!!
Have you been injured in a car accident? Toscani Law Firm gets results that we are proud of because we care for every client that we represent.
Typical examples of motor vehicle negligence:
• Failure to Yield.
• Failure to Stop.
• Failure to Signal Lane changes. In most jurisdictions, it is illegal to change lanes or merge into oncoming traffic without using a signal.
• Reckless driving. Driving while talking on a cell phone without the utilization of a hands-free device or texting while driving are illegal and negligent behaviors that can cause automobile accidents.
• Driving while intoxicated or driving under the influence of any drug, including prescription medications that explicitly state, “Do not operate a motor vehicle while using this medication” on the label.
There are many, many other examples of negligence when it comes to operating a motor vehicle. If you believe that you have been injured in a car accident because of the negligence of another driver, CALL TOSCANI LAW FIRM NOW!
Thousands of construction workers are seriously injured on the construction site because of the negligence and unlawful activity of owners, contractors, subcontractors, engineers, architects, equipment manufacturers and others. Although very particular Labor Laws are in place that require, among other things, that the laborer have a safe place to work, many of the laws are disregarded and the construction site workplace remains very dangerous. On a daily basis, laborers are seriously injured, caused to be permanently disabled and even killed due to the negligence of others. Many accidents resulting from the following types of accidents, and many others, could be avoided if the responsible parties followed the laws specific to construction sites:
• Ladder Falls
• Laborer Struck By Equipment Or Faling Debris
• Trench Collapses
• Scaffold Accidents
• Unsafe/Dangerous/Defective Equipment
• Unavailable Safety Equipment
• Falls On Construction Site
• Forklift, Crane, Boom, Excavator And Other Equipment Causes Injury
• Welding Accidents
If you or someone you know has been seriously injured on a job site, CALL NOW and have a construction accident lawyer at our firm help you now.
Slip and Fall
In this area, Toscani Law Firm have been successful in obtaining several favorable settlements. Slip/trip and slip/fall injuries can happen to anyone. If you have been injured you may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering, reimbursed medical expenses, lost earnings, and much more. The most frequent causes for slip/trip and slip/fall injuries are:
• Potholes in the road; cracks in the sidewalk
• Wet and slippery floors
• Wet and slippery stairs
• Defective floors
• Broken stairs
• Icy pavements, roads, or entrances
• Stairs that are difficult to see because of the colors
• Stairs with no handrails
• Uneven or oddly placed stairs
• Dangerous playground equipment
• Many others
If you or someone you know has been seriously injured in a slip and fall accident, CALL NOW and have a personal injury / accident lawyer at our firm help you.
Trip and Fall
In this area, Toscani Law Firm have been successful in obtaining several favorable settlements. There are many ways that these types of accidents happen. Most of the time, they are preventable. They occur in public areas that fall under Premises Liability, or they happen in the workplace. Like at an office or construction site. The owner of the premises may be at least partially liable if you trip/slip and fall and get injured in the workplace. Most of the time, the defects and dangerous conditions are the result of negligence on the part of the property owner. Here are some of the most common ways that these accidents happen:
• Obstructed view – A good example of this type of preventable accident would be stairs that have carpeting with the same color as all of the other carpeting around it. Thus making it difficult to differentiate between the two and causing a trip and fall accident.
• Poor lighting – Dark corridors or stairways are a very common cause of trip and fall accidents. Stairs and corridors should be well lit and is the responsibility of the property owner or business owner to ensure that they are.
• Clutter in your way – As you go about your day to day work duties, you should be able to move around in a safe environment, free of clutter and debris. Unsafe work or building conditions, where clutter and debris exist, are not only a safety violation but are a primary cause for trip and fall injuries.
• Wrinkled carpeting – Poorly installed carpeting is one of the leading causes of trip and fall injuries. If a carpet is poorly installed, most likely it will end up with wrinkled parts that could become a tripping hazard.
• Uncovered cables – Power cables, computer cables, and tv cables are very easy to trip on. As a rule, your home or workplace should be free of exposed wires that can cause a tripping hazard. Even temporary cables should be clearly marked with caution signs or placed off the ground wherever possible.
• Uneven steps or walking surfaces – Sidewalks with tree roots that have raised the concrete to an uneven level. Poorly constructed stairs that have variations in tread and riser height. Irregular slopes in walkways and sudden inclines and declines are very dangerous and a common cause of trip and fall injury.
• Human error – Leaving the bottom drawer open on a file cabinet is a common human error that can cause severe personal injury. There are countless other ways human error can cause a trip and fall.
• Failure to warn of hazards.
• Failure to clean or remove slippery conditions on walkways.
If you or someone you know has been seriously injured on a trip and fall accident, CALL NOW and have a personal injury / accident lawyer at our firm help you.
If a dog bites you, it is critical that you attempt to identify the dog, the dog’s owner and where the location of the property where it is being harbored. Make sure you get medical attention for your injuries and follow all of your doctor’s medical advice. Keep track all of your expenses.
If a dog bites you, gather all of the information that you can regarding its owner and CALL TOSCANI LAW FIRM immediately.
The Law In New York Regarding Dog Bites:
In New York, for you to receive compensation for your injuries, you will have to establish certain facts. An owner of a dog could absolutely be responsible for the injuries you suffered by a dog bite if the owner knew or should have known that the dog in question had vicious propensities, meaning that the dog previously bit or attacked someone else. Witnesses with information concerning prior attacks, bites, or other vicious behavior of the dog are critical. Local Health Departments may also have records and complaints about a dog’s previous bites or attacks.
If you or someone you know has been seriously injured from a Dog Bite, CALL NOW and have a personal injury / accident lawyer at our firm help you.
In New York, owners and tenants of both residential (such as homes or apartment buildings) and commercial properties (such as retail stores, supermarkets and malls) are responsible for maintaining their premises in a reasonably safe condition. For example, they must provide a well lit environment, safe entrances and exits, proper and adequate snow and ice removal in parking lots and on walkways, and provide safe, clean and properly configured stairways, with proper railings, treads and risers, and safe and properly functioning elevators or escalators.
If they fail to do so, they are considered negligent and can be held liable for personal injuries sustained on the property, including, but not limited to, the following:
• Pain and Suffering
• Future Pain and Suffering
• Future Disability
• Loss of Enjoyment of Life
• Medical expenses, past present and future
• Lost earnings
• Out of pocket expenses, including medical co-pays, transportation, medical supplies and home health aides
• and more …
Notice and Creation
In most instances, in order to establish liability against the owner or tenant at the premises, it must be proven that the owner or tenant (or a contractor hired by an owner or tenant) either created the dangerous condition that caused the accident, or had notice of the condition for a sufficient period of time prior to the accident to have afforded them the ability to remedy the condition.
Typical Premises Dangers:
• Wet surfaces
• Ice and Snow in parking lots
• Falling debris
• Exposure to toxins
• Inadequate lighting.
• Defective stairwells
• Defective elevators or escalators
• Dog bites
• Defective doorways
• Defective windows
• Slippery / wet entrance ways
• and more …
If you or someone you know has been seriously injured on a private or public premises accident, CALL TOSCANI LAW FIRM NOW and have a personal injury / accident lawyer at our firm help you.
The law allows victims in particular cases to be compensated if injured as a result of a defective product. The manufacturers, as well as those involved in the chain of commerce, can be liable for damages. They may have to pay you money damages for your pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages and more.
Thousands of people are injured or die each year due to poorly designed or manufactured products. These products include machines, automobiles, insulation, tools, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and household products. New York and federal product liability laws hold manufacturers and distributors of dangerous products responsible for injuries and deaths resulting from their use. Manufacturers have a duty to design and manufacture products that are safe for their consumers to use. They are also required to warn consumers of any potential problems related to their product. When a manufacturer creates an unsafe product, or when the manufacturer or distributor fails to inform consumers that a product might be dangerous, the manufacturer is liable for resulting injury or death.
A product is considered defective if it is unreasonably dangerous to the ordinary user. Strict liability holds a manufacturer or seller of a defective product responsible for the resulting injuries or death regardless of fault or intention. There are three primary categories that make a product defective:
• Design Defect: A product has a design defect if the design of the product is unsafe.
• Manufacturing Defect: A product has a manufacturing defect if the product’s design is sound, but the method of making the product is dangerous.
• Warning error: If a product does not have sufficient instructions or warnings about its use and you are injured. As a result, the product has a warning defect.
If you or someone you know has been seriously injured by a defective product, CALL TOSCANI LAW FIRM NOW and have a personal injury / accident lawyer at our firm help you.
Exposure to Toxins
Toxins are microbial, environmental, fungal, and biochemical. There are many ways that you can be affected by exposure to toxins:
• Many Industrial Chemicals used in plants cause cancer, heart attacks, stroke and various lung diseases.
• Asbestos causes mesothelioma, which is a form of cancer, and other ailments such as chronic bronchitis, emphysema and more.
• Lead-based paint is known to cause learning disabilities in children, asthma and is suspected to have some relevance in the future development of Alzheimer’s disease.
• Groundwater contamination can cause many different problems such as salmonella and other microbial infections.
• Mold is a very dangerous and harmful fungus that can grow in humid and dark places like your basement for example and can cause many, many problems including cancer.
• Pesticides cause cancer of the skin, lung and other types.
Exposure to Asbestos
Millions of workers have died or have become seriously ill from exposure to asbestos. Asbestos exposure has been linked to mesothelioma, asbestosis, lung cancer and other deadly diseases.
Mostly between 1930 and 1980, workers in various trades and industries were breathing in asbestos fibers that became trapped in their airways and lung tissue. Plumbers, carpenters, electrician, workers in shipyards and power plants, automotive workers, pipe fitters, boiler mechanics, roofers, masons, sand blasters, riggers, railroad workers, demolition workers, and longshoremen have had the most exposure to asbestos. Those in the Navy between World War 2 and the Korean War had extreme exposure to asbestos.
Often symptoms do not appear until twenty to forty years after exposure. Spouses and family members have also become seriously ill as they were often exposed to asbestos fibers when coming into contact with the clothes of the worker.
Some makers of ASBESTOS and ASBESTOS contained products and some companies that market them to the public knew of the dangers to a person’s health. Sadly, workers were allowed to work with ASBESTOS day in and day out, unprotected and unaware of the dangers. Many companies have been sued and held accountable to the victims and their families who have recovered tens of millions of dollars in lawsuits against them.
If a lawsuit is not brought within the set time limit, the victim and their family will lose the right to sue. If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos or if any additional information is needed regarding this matter the attorneys at Toscani Law Firm are available to assist you. ABSOLUTELY NO FEE UNLESS WE RECOVER MONEY FOR YOU!!!
CALL NOW to set up your FREE consultation!